Phone: (206) 497-4884
1015 W. Galer St.
Seattle, Washington 98119
Steven Levy specializes in law-department technology, systems, and projects.
Senior Director, Information Systems Department, Microsoft Legal and Corporate Affairs:
- Implemented systems that reduced non-headcount annual legal spend by ~13%: outside counsel management, electronic discovery, matter management, immigration tracking, etc.
- Introduced web-based client self-service solutions to free attorney time for complex matters
- Implemented IP licensing and piracy sleuthing solutions to build revenue and help Legal be more than a cost center
- Integrated disparate “islands of data” applications to reduce duplicative effort and improve data quality
- Created high-attorney-satisfaction internal support team to drive significant productivity gains
- Instituted detailed return-on-investment modeling and tracking to provide project objectivity and business success metrics
Business and Technology:
- Principal Consultant, Microsoft Consulting Services, managing successful multi-million-dollar solutions for clients worldwide
- Microsoft IT Director, managing all development for sales, marketing, and support
- Business leader of three Microsoft products
- Development Manager at multiple commercial and educational software companies
- Long-time creator of online training solutions for both technical and retail businesses
- Driving improvements in business technology since 1981
- Frequent author for Law Technology News, ILTA Journal/white papers, etc.
- Regular speaker at LegalTech, ILTA, and other conferences; LegalTech 2005 keynote
- Headed LEDES committee on timekeeper data standards
- Founded Legal Department Operations Group to facilitate best-practice sharing
- Received first Microsoft Management Excellence award
- Featured as cover story of September 2005 Corporate Legal Times (now Inside Counsel)